 Administrative / Curators / 337 (-10)
  Re: A Change

(...) I won't lie, if the email verification system was removed I would likely post more, well, more respond to more threads anyway. but I can completely understand why this system is in place. if there is a way of provide similar protection by (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) + a page where you can find all posts that are answers to your posts. I tend to write a lot in a lot of groups and sometimes loose track of where I went and might thus miss the answer to my questions... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) You forget those who still use dial-up to read/write to Lugnet. They prefer to use the news reader so they can dial-up, download all new news, disconnect, read and answer, dial-up, send new items. And I think it's something more people should (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) It looks like “a Change” for the better will take place. So, either I've got good timing in my post… Or (more likely) I subconsciously recalled Todd's past statement saying that there will be some improved measures enacted in the future. (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) You jus' totally reiterated my statement because...? I said: "it takes a while to get heard!" U said: "takes a while to get *responded to*." O.k. kinda weird... Jus' playin' ;) --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Mmm, nice idea. (...) Mmm, essentially pre-authentication tokening...hjmmmm. --Todd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Nope, it didn't get ignored! I saw your poat, and I've been pondering it. (...) I agree...good suggestion. We've been promising to someday have a drop-down list box for on-the-fly selection of alternate e-mail addresses for a couple years now, (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) That's probably not true. It just takes a while to get *responded to*. (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) in 2001 and simply didn't have internet access. I've been on and off for about a year myself. I've been unable to login for so long now, that I've forgotten if things actually were better. (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Even members get the verification when using a newsreader The web interface has several drawbacks : - It's harder to search for things compared to a regular news reader (I store all messages I retrieve local for reference) - I need to be (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact