 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1881 – 1900 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Help unsubscribing from news by e-mail

Hey! Anyone checking in on this thread? I wrote an e-mail regarding this issue in November and never got a response, so this time I'm not letting it drop. -Duane <snip> (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.027)

  Re: Problem with Password page?

(...) I think I have an idea how we can automate this: you fill out a forgotten-password form, and the server sends a confirmation e-mail to you containing a special URL which would be valid for a day or so, after which it would expire. You click on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.027)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) OK, cool. Thanks. I still want to receive the messages at my e-mail address, so I've tried to re-subscribe to my usual newsgroups using the same e-mail. I select the group, select the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.027)

  Re: Problem with Password page?

(...) Sounds good. Thanks for the efforts, Todd. I don't like writing down passwords but when you don't have to remember them for, like, a few years, you tend to forget them. Willing to test your implementation once you get it done (no rush--e-mail (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.027)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

Todd, Thanks very much. No lugnet mail since the weekend :-) Cheers, Steve "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:HEHots.1y3E@lugnet.com... (...) When (...) send (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.027)

  Follow-up: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

Heya y'all, I've been digging back through my spam trap folder in Outlook, and have come up with the following conclusions: 1. I'm looking at at least two different spam virus attacks. Both are using open relays in traditional spam style, but: (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.026)

  posting setup

(...) That's a really good point. We should make this a lot easier to find. (...) This would be ideal. All the sign-up and set-up stuff is sorely overdue for a rework. I'll be giving this some serious attention in May when I get back from San (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.026)

  Re: Help unsubscribing from news by e-mail

Yes, there is. Just add the proper group to the "Newsgroups" field, or request that any replies to your message be followed up to the proper group. I've gone ahead and done it for you. (I thought it had been done already, but was mistaken) -Duane (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.026)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Steve, Sorry to leave you wondering. I unsubscribed you on Sunday, but didn't send you an e-mail about it -- figured you'd just notice that the messages had stopped. Duane, You should be all set now. --Todd (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.026)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) I'll take a look at it today and get you fixed. I think a couple other people are experiencing a similar problem. --Todd (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.025)

  Re: Still spammin!

(...) I've had this about 10 times. My mail server intercepts it every time. It's getting to the point that I'm tempted to see what it'd do. Does anyone know? Scott A (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.025)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Todd, Any updates on this? -Duane (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.025)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Aha! Cool, you've discovered a bug and a way to repeat it! Thanks for the tip, I'll try to repeat it myself and see what I find. --Todd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.025)

  Unifying LUGNET user types

All, We're going to begin soon unifying the many types of LUGNET users into a single, coherent base system. This will greatly simplify sign-up, configuration, and daily usage, and consequently I think this will make a lot of people very, very happy (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Renaming Gaming group

OK, whew, it's completed. The lugnet.fun.gaming group has been renamed to lugnet.gaming, and subgroups for BrikWars (URL) and Starship (URL) have now finally been created. If you run or participate in an RPG and would like a focused discussion (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Re: Still spammin!

(...) Popfile isn't a spam filter per se, but a dynamic, learning Email categorizer. In other words, you make up several Email categories (for example mine are Lego, Personal, Spam) and it sorts your mail into the respective categories. If it get a (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Animation & Sports group rename

Today I'm going to tackle the renaming of lugnet.publish.cinema to lugnet.animation and lugnet.football to lugnet.sports. This transformation will basically go in 4 steps: 1. First the old groups will be disabled, so that no new posts can be made. (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.sports, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Re: Still spammin!

(...) What is a safe address? My "safest" address is one that actually contains the word NOSPAM. :) So far, the harvesters have filtered out that one... Today is the last day of my 30 days evaluation period of McAffe's SpamKiller. I must say I'm not (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Re: *Un-opened* Lego Sets for sale

(...) Brian, While I'm sure your intentions are good, the announcement group isn't really an appropriate place to post a sale, even if it's due to a major change like moving to a new house. I'm sure there are many people, like me, who subscribe via (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.024)

  Renaming Gaming group

Earlier today, the groups lugnet.football and lugnet.publish.cinema were renamed to lugnet.sports and lugnet.animation, respectively. Assuming no further problems arising between now and a few hours from now[1], I'm going to also tackle renaming (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.gaming)

mail
(score: 1.024)

More:  Next Page >>