  Search Results: brasso
 Results 81 – 100 of about 350.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Magnificent! I know a couple of people who have been waiting for word on this. :) Thanks for offering up the sacrifice. (...) That seems to be exactly how it works--if you could run Brasso over a piece, it might take it away, but just having (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) Be warned, though: Brasso will seriously damage softer plastic parts like baseplates. I totally ruined a 48x48 baseplate that way when I used it to brasso the printing off of large quantity of tiles. --Anthony (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Question about 6332

Selçuk <teyyareci> <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote in message news:FoH6ru.D2w@lugnet.com... (...) Nothing that Brasso(tm), Q-tips, and a lot of rubbing can't fix. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Czajka writes: Yeah, the Brasso stuff that everyone is talking about supposedly works very well. I persoanlly use steel wool, but you might not want to get that violent. Also, I've found for removing small bits of paint (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Painting Questions

(...) I have used Brasso with a Q-Tip and it's worked just fine. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Cleaning Clear Parts

I know Brasso works wonders on scratched and clouded parts but I really need some way to clean the INSIDE of these clear parts I have laying around. The spaces are way too small to work in...I figure they'll have to soak in something. Any (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Mirage

(...) I can't believe you brasso-ed a att. The ship is great though. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Clearing up scratches on pieces

(...) out. it also works great to remove printing on bricks so be carefull if you're not looking to remove it. i usualy use a old sock followed by an old Tshirt. ondrew (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Ship Power Core

(...) The Brasso really works, though. I tried it last night, and I'm speechless--my shipbuilding has just taken a whole new direction! :) The only downside is that it takes 20 minutes a piece, and Brasso isn't the most...fragrant stuff in the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Part of why it works, though, is because it's in an oil suspension. For polymer plastics, oil is a solvent--even more so for the screenprinting, which is itself put in a petroleum-derived solution before being blown out onto the piece. It's a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) I'd actually kicked around offering a buffing service. Dremel (and various other mini-tool companies) do make a small buffing wheel for crafts, so it's not out of the question by any means. I'm generally in your corner on this, but when it (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) This is where Brasso works wonders. It takes the paint off, yet doesn't harm the plastic at all. I used a dab of it on a Q-tip to remove some of the Johnny Thunder face when I created Aves. (URL) Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Question

Hi Kevin Yes like Brasso, you do have to rub a bit, but not as much, i found to be quicker and i think safer. Paul (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Very cool ship

(...) Absolutely. I love Brasso, and I recommend it to anyone who wishes to remove paint from their bricks. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Droid Escape parts useful for Castle

BRASSO is brass polish. That is the brand name. My bottle says it's made in Canada. This product is ideal for removing decals without damaging the bricks. You just have to scrub quite hard and for about 5 minutes for each piece. Nicholas Allan (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Stupid question time ...

(...) The brass polisher Brasso is a mild abrasive, and will remove scratches with enough rubbing. It also removes printing. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Erasing minifigs

I tried removing the printing on a minifig torso using Brasso yesterday. It worked, but it was a lot of work. I'm almost convinced it was the rubbing and not the Brasso that did the trick. Has anyone discovered an easier way to do this, chemically? (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

Brasso should be a standard bestseller item from LEGO Direct :-) Eric Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) I (...) will (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

I sure could use Brasso to remove the paint. In fact I think I will. (Don't use Never Dull it melts the bricks. (Is that considered a double negative?)) As I am sure the fanatic train people can tell, I am not big on my train architecture. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Dark...

I've found that a bit o' Brasso on a Q-Tip works better than an X-Acto knife for removing microphones... not as much scarring. It does get tricky in small spaces, so if you trim down the fuzz on the Q-Tip first, it can help. I used this method on a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 1.002)

More:  Next Page >>