  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 401 – 420 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) They are tiny. #define SIZE_OF_HSBUF 128 typedef struct { UBYTE Buf[SIZE_OF_HSBUF]; UBYTE InPtr; UBYTE OutPtr; UBYTE Spare1; UBYTE Spare2; }HSBUF; // HI Speed related entries HSBUF HsInBuf; HSBUF HsOutBuf; The IOMap hi speed buffer is copied (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.720)

  RE: NXT external storage

(...) Yes. RobotC already supports an optional "fast" mode that is five times faster transmission when reading a single byte. For reading multiple bytes from an I2C device, RobotC is about 15 times faster than the NXT-G firmware. There are a couple (...) (18 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.720)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

(...) The standard NXT firmware has a bug in the replace opcode which makes it impossible to use with multi-dimensional arrays (or ragged arrays of arrays). I have fixed this bug and submitted the code to folks at NI and LEGO for possible inclusion (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 0.720)

  RE: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

I've looked at implementing an interface for RobotC, but I've always struggled with why bother since there are no applications that connect to it. I wish LEGO had implemented an option to provide a logic level "RS-232" UART on port four. Yes, I (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.720)

  Re: GCC vs. IAR compiler: Could GCC be tweaked to generate code as tight as IAR?

(...) I read a paper that attributed most of the code size increases in gcc generated code to the printf library - search for AN52-ARM-C-Benchmark.pdf to read the paper. Out of curiosity I built the firmware using the newlib libc and the gcc 4.1.1 (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.720)

  RE: IR Problems

Elizabeth is quite right. It's easy to get collisions on the IR "bus" if two devices are sending (or replying) simultaneously. What I've done in the past with two RCXs is define one RCX as primary that is periodically (every 100 to 250 milliseconds (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) That's great news, David. I'm glad that you are having success using the new CommExecuteFunction system call. I haven't had a chance to test it at all yet personally but I was very confident that it would just work seeing as how exposing it (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  RE: IR Problems

RCX IR does not require direct line of sight. All sorts of reflections will work. Especially if you're in a "smallish" (bedroom, home office) room. The RCX firmware always has the IR turned off. "Wait for mail" and "send mail" is just a higher (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  More firmware enhancements

I have implemented OP_WAIT and a variant of OP_WAIT which takes a variable rather than an immediate numeric value (which in nbc is called "waitv"). I also modified NBC to accept a command line switch that tells it whether the firmware supports waits (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  NXT-to-NXT Messaging

The following is a good topic for this list. It deals with NXT-to-NXT messaging. It's based on an original post in the "nxtasy" forums. There's lots of room for improvement / enhancement in the NXT-to-NXT messaging. Especially when more that two (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  Java for NXT

The second alpha release of leJOS NXJ is now out - download from (URL) is now preliminary support for I2C (including the Ultrasonic sensor), Bluetooth, and Sound. Motor and navigation support is improved. This release still runs in RAM with the NXT (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 0.719)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) It actually was not a very big deal. I was familiar with the firmware source code since I had looked at it quite a bit since it was released, trying to figure out how to get it to compile with GCC. All the RIC bug fixes were things I figured (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

There are several opcodes defined in c_cmd_bytecodes.h which are missing from the VM implementation in c_cmd.c Here are the ones that are not implemented: //Family: Bit manipulation #define OP_CMNT 0x0A // dest, src #define OP_LSL 0x0B // dest, src (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

... (...) Hi John, I just tried to load it and just tested the "Try-me" light sensor. It worked fine. Not so much help, but I can try some more another day. Good work. Rasmus (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) <snipped description> Holy crap John! You've been really busy! For anyone poking around in this forum, I can say that what John has done is pretty significant. I have written my own firmware for the brick so I know how much work must have gone (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) I would have liked to have one permanently, but it seems a little steep. Last summer I got a limited edition (32KB or something) along with the an AT91 evaluation board. (...) Perhaps Section 5.1 is useful: (URL) I just tried to post but it (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) I guess what I'm saying is '<<=', 'OP_ASL' and 'OP_LSL' are all the same thing (zero fill). '>>=' means either 'OP_ASR' (smear fill) or 'OP_LSR' (zero fill) depending on whether your target is signed or not. If you wanted direct equivalents (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) Having used shifts in Z80 assembly before, I can see the uses of the different types. However, I can't see how I'd want anything other than arithmetical in the NBC opcodes. The only times I used logical, rotating, or with-carry-bit shifts was (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

firmware
(score: 0.718)

  HispaBrick Magazine 014 is out

Number 014 of (URL) HispaBrick Magazine®>, the magazine for fans of LEGO® constructions, is now available. In this new edition Gary King presents his fleet of Battlestar Galactica ships, Akiyuki Kawaguchi amazes with his GBC modules, Katie Walker (...) (12 years ago, 31-Jul-12, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

mindstorms
(score: 0.717)

More:  Next Page >>