  *95164 (-20)
  Re: Catalog nostalgia

(...) If you're interested in what the minifig says while holding the bricks (mainly in the BASIC section): "... tomorrow I create something different" (pag 10) "Al your other Lego parts fit together!" (pag 12) "[Kids] invent the best toys (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Does anyone else's Pit Droid not "pop" up properly?

The heels point downwards. I double-checked this when I was assembling it, since it seemed awkward. But with both legs, mine stands very well. I can even bump him around on my desk, and he slides instead of falling over. -- Paul Davidson Steven Vore (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Has anyone used the Naboo soldier torsoes with castle lego?

I'm curious if anyone's found a good castle-related use for the Naboo footsoldier figs from set 7124. I've bought three already (for the green pieces). -- Paul Davidson (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Knight Varieties

Hey, I was originally planning on constructing a gigantic universe for my castles where I would have areas for every castle race ever made and then some custom ones in addition. However, my pieces limit me to making a single giant castle and the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catalog nostalgia

Yes, Lego has decided that kids nowadays prefer to destroy rather than build, and are attemping to adapt their "building toy" to this trend. Maybe eventually sets will come pre-made, but with big juniorized pieces so that sets can be destroyed (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO in Spain and Portugal/LEGO en Espana/LEGO em Portugal

Hello! I will be traveling to Spain this spring. I am familiar with Southern Spain, though this time around I will be going to Northern Spain as well as Portugal. Other than El Corte Ingles and this small little toy shop in downtown Madrid that I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.eu)

  Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare

(...) Tim, didn't your car insurance cover the window and any items stolen from the car? After the $50 deductible, mine does--including merchandise inside the car. Thank God for Michigan insurance laws! best Lindsay (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare

(...) In fact, wasn't the award thrown out completely at some point? (...) I almost married someone about five years ago who had a rather large scar on her left hip (yeah, yeah, stop it, peanut gallery), believe it or not, from a McDonald's coffee (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: need help for my IR proximity program

If you are not familiar with any language, then start start small with RCX code. It's really much easier. Trust me! \\\\//// ( OO ) ---o00---(_)---...--- | Anthony* | ---...---o00------ | | | | (__ l l __) | | (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My Toys R Us Nightmare

(...) Even if an accurate description of the culprit (which I'm sure it is--and then some), I'll raise the killjoy-spectre of "please watch the language." That's a word that I think should have remained in the not-for-prime-time lexicon. (...) This (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?

(...) before we decided for sure to go to MPD and the submodel names we decided to go with. Like Todd said, that format easily crumbles, but we are now talking about the name for only the complete set's file. (...) What I'd really like to see is it (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Classic Space baseplates

(...) Well, looks like my experience lines up with other recent .auction experiences...zero interest. :( Auction canceled. James (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Cowboy hat - not a Town Jr. thing!

Oh no, cowboy hats are an ooooold and recently resurrected piece. I remember back from the eighties (around '86 probably) when I was kid, I had an ideabook in which some of the minifigs wore cowboy hats, and the sets they came with were so old that (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: Useless parts?

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:gZKAOA+ykPvTEcI...4ax.com... (...) that (...) Some (...) That's why I'm saving them. Chances are that if I use them for a roof, the print won't even be visible anyway. My only problem is (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does anyone else's Pit Droid not "pop" up properly?

(...) the directions as it point downward. I'll have to go fix it now and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion! -Jonathan (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Does anyone else's Pit Droid not "pop" up properly?

Which direction does the green "heel" go on yours? Does it "point" downwards or rearwards? Mine had been downward-pointing, which I thought odd but that's the way I read the directions. Topple-city. I changed it to point rearward and now he's fairly (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6746 & 6706 sighted at KB Toys

My wife, a preschool teacher, had gotten a mall gift certificate for Christmas, and was in search of Adventurers; normally I avoid KB like the plague. I just came across those two, realized they looked a bit old, and figured I'd see if anyone wanted (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.western)

  FS or FT Pieces For Buildings

I have these pieces that should interest those of you who build your own buildings. Take a look. (URL) can send you a short want list. (Thanks to Tom and Mike) I also have some red slopes in small quantities. Jerry Hill ghill@execpc.com (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  WTT: Black train doors for green

Hi. I have a couple of pairs of black train doors I'd like to trade for green train doors (if you have green train doors to trade but aren't looking for black ones, ask too--I hopefully can find something else you're after). I'll also consider (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Cowboy hat - not a Town Jr. thing!

The cowboy hat showed up in 1979-80 in the Exxon gas station (URL) Möller wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

Skipped 4 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.pun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact