 Western/Wild West / 229
Re: New WW themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 03:40:01 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:

I was thinking. There are some themes Lego could've made for WW. The theme
never had a train (unless you modify the #3225 Classic train a little).Just
gunslingin' in towns, forts, and indian villages doesn't cover all of the • wild
west theme. A train could make it more complete. There could of also been
mexican sets. Mexican villages could make great sets(minifig sombreros!). As
for confederates, sorry dudes. The Wild West was around the latter 1800's, • say
1885. After the civil war ended in 1865, the blue soldiers took over, headed
west, and were then referred to as calvary officers(geez, don't ya'll read • the
S@H descriptions?they say calvary officers.)Anyways, that's my two cents on
new WW series.

--==Sergio==--

Historicly the wild west was not just after the civil war.  The westward
expansion started much earlier than the Civil war.  There was even battles
fought in the west.  Therefore I say why no confederates.  Even after the
civil war many confederate soldiers wore parts of their rag tag uniforms in
their civilian lives when they return home.
I totally agree with the other points that you made.  I think that everyone
would agree with the fact that they need a train set.  I remember talking
before about a southern theme with mexicans before and I would love to see
that.  Also it would be nice to see a northern theme with mountain men and
maybe even canadian mounties.

David, keep up your great work on customising the confederates, they look
great !
Surely the Western train is something the Guild of Brickies should put their
minds to, otherwise we may be waiting forever.
The Mexican theme is a great idea too !

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>