 Vikings / 16
Re: We are your overlords!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.vikings
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:20:20 GMT

In lugnet.vikings, Tony Alexander wrote:
   In lugnet.vikings, Suzanne Rich wrote:
   In lugnet.vikings, Bryan Kinkel wrote: ...cool lyrics to a great Zep tune

   Hmm.. is this the only LUGNET newsgroup with a themesong?

-Suz

Although it’s maybe not official, I always hear “Also Sprache Zarathustra” when first hitting .space.

Yup.

   Oddly, it works well in .castle, too, though the Soundtrack Of My Brain usually plays that triumphant galloping horn/drum music from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or the monkchant).

Absolutely.

   The same Soundtrack Of My Brain plays Arlo’s “City of New Orleans” or Josh Turner’s “Long Black Train” when I go over to .trains.

For me it’s “Take the Last Train to Clarksville”-- the song a group of we train dudes karaoked at BricksWest at the turn of the century sometime.

IIRC, Dan Jassim (& Bruce L?) did a rousing rendition of “Rocket Man”. Another S P A C E classic...

JOHN