 Underground / 129
128  |  130
Subject:
What Lego didn't want you to see........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:39:02 GMT

Hi,

It's about time I revealed some secrets about the Rock Raiders. I read in the
Ultimate Lego Book and saw the prototypes for Rock Raider models(see Design
Concept p.30-31) The prototypes were much better! The prototype rock raiders
had a UNIFORM, which was: Construction helmet w/goggles attached, classic
smiley head, red neckerchief, overalls torso(Bandit's torso) and blue pants.
They also had handheld drills, pretty cool if you as me. The earlier vehicles
had WAY better cockpit pieces and 10 times as less SPUDs.The chrome crusher
originally had twin drills,too! The granite grinder looked way different, but
much sleeker and better!Instead of Rock Raiders HQ, they originally had
a "technodrome" type mobile base! They actually were supposed to have enemies,
which were the Insectoids!Finally the insectoids actually have a purpose!The
Raiders also had rock monsters, but they weren't the real threat. I don't know
why Lego didn't use the original ideas. They were much better and I will use
these ideas for my rock raiders and insectoid sets.Let me know what you think.
Later!

--==Sergio==--

P.S. Most of the information came from a concept sketch poster on page 30 in
the Ultimate Lego Book.