 Trains / Train Organizations / NILTC / 11
Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:26:27 GMT

Sweet model Joel!  You may want to consider changing the way you connect the
horizontal railings to uprights using pirate hook hands jammed into short pieces
of technic tubing.  I did this on the 2nd version of my SD-90 and you can
compare to the original in the background of this pic:

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery/trains3/SD90-2.html

Take care!

Dan

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Joel Kuester writes:
Hiyas,

I can't make it to the upcoming meeting, but I still have trains on the
brains, so I made this today:

This is based on a Milwaukee Road Fairbanks-Morse H16-44 in a book that
Ondrew gave me for rolling stock reference pics.  Thanks again Ondrew, this
catalog is really nice for detail work, btw!  Like the topic says, this is
the first Train MOC I have ever made.  I had a small HO layout when I was a
kid, and now that there is a somewhat local Train Club in the area, my fond
rail memories are returning.

I feel like I did a pretty accurate job, but I am open to any critisizm if I
goofed on something.  I normally don't model from life, so this was a fun
change of pace from space stuff.

cheers!
Joel Kuester