 Trains / Train Organizations / NILTC / *99 (-20)
Re: Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show Dec. 4th-5th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:55:29 GMT

as a little side note I will have around 200lbs of color sorted brick for sale at prices you could probably only dream of.

i will also be taking trades for yellow 2x4 brick and green brick plates. i need around 2000 2x4 yellow bricks and 300 8x16 brick plates. the trades will be more than worth your time so please help me aquire these so my new project stays on track. =) thanks, ondrew

In lugnet.announce, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show.

On December 4-5th the NILTC, IndyLUG and MichianaLUG will join forces in Winfield, IL to fill over 5000 sq ft with Lego fun. This year’s show includes an almost entirely redesigned NILTC layout along with a 17x30 layout presented by MichianaLUG and a 15x18 layout presented by IndyLUG. Along with the Lego train layouts, Steve Hassenplug will be on hand Saturday showing off his amazing connect 4 robots as well as other locals displaying there custom creations. There will also be a huge play area with plenty of brick to keep both the adults and the kids busy. This show also gives the clubs a chance to sell parts and sets so bring cash to take advantage of the great deals.

Directions to the show can be found here: http://www.cantignypark.com/NewSite/directions.htm

Subject:
Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show Dec. 4th-5th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:42:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Announcing the 2nd annual Midwest Lego train show.

On December 4-5th the NILTC, IndyLUG and MichianaLUG will join forces in Winfield, IL to fill over 5000 sq ft with Lego fun. This year’s show includes an almost entirely redesigned NILTC layout along with a 17x30 layout presented by MichianaLUG and a 15x18 layout presented by IndyLUG. Along with the Lego train layouts, Steve Hassenplug will be on hand Saturday showing off his amazing connect 4 robots as well as other locals displaying there custom creations. There will also be a huge play area with plenty of brick to keep both the adults and the kids busy. This show also gives the clubs a chance to sell parts and sets so bring cash to take advantage of the great deals.

Directions to the show can be found here: http://www.cantignypark.com/NewSite/directions.htm

Subject:
Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting @ DG Library - Nov 20th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:25:55 GMT

What? This will be a meeting, a chance to get to know other people on the list and other lego fans in the area. Talk about what other things we might want to do as a club, show off creations, and other general lego themed conversation. Everyone is welcome.

When? The meeting will be on Saturday, November 20th, 2004 from 1pm till ~5pm.

Where? Downers Grove Public Library
http://www.downersgrovelibrary.org/
We have a meeting room reserved there. (Seats about twelve.)

--
Jason Spears
Chicago Lego Builders

Subject:
Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting @ Downers Grove Public Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:16:18 GMT

We have a location now! Sorry about the short notice, we haven’t gotten all the kinks out in our planning system yet.

Who? The Chicago LEGO Builders (CLB). We are a fledgling club, right now looking just to hang out with other lego enthusiasts, sharing building techniques and we will see from there.

What? This will be a meeting, a chance to get to know other people on the list and other lego fans in the area. Talk about what other things we might want to do as a club, show off creations, and other general lego themed conversation.

When? The meeting will be on Saturday, October 16th, 2004 from 1pm till 5pm.

Where? Downers Grove Public Library
http://www.downersgrovelibrary.org/
We have a meeting room reserved there. (Seats about twelve.)

--
Jason Spears
Chicago Lego Builders
http://www.chicago-builders.org/

Subject:
Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting @ Woodridge Public Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:35:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

We have a location now!

Who? The Chicago LEGO Builders (CLB). We are a fledgling club, right now looking just to hang out with other lego enthusiasts, sharing building techniques and we will see from there.

What? This will be a meeting, a chance to get to know other people on the list, other lego fans in the area. Talk about what direction we want to take the club, show off creations, and other general lego themed conversation.

When? The meeting will be on Sunday, Septmeber 5th, 2003 from 1pm till 5pm.

Where? Woodridge Public Library
http://www.woodridgelibrary.org/
We will have a meeting room reserved there.

--
Jason Spears
Chicago Lego Builders

Subject:
Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:05:09 GMT

Who? The Chicago LEGO Builders (CLB). We are a fledgling club, right now looking just to hang out with other lego enthusiasts, sharing building techniques and we will see from there.

What? This will be a meeting, a chance to get to know other people on the list, other lego fans in the area. Talk about what direction we want to take the club, show off creations, and other general lego themed conversation.

When? The meeting will be on Sunday, Septmeber 5th, 2003 from 1pm till maybe 5 or so.

Where? Ah, now that’s a good question. We are still looking for a good place. We could have the meeting at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL. But that isn’t necessarily the ideal location. A person’s house, a room at a public library, local church or community center would be better suited to showing lego creations and conversation without the noise that goes along with a busy mall.

If you have any ideas about a good location and/or can help find one, we would be very appreciative.

--
Jason Spears
Chicago Lego Builders

Subject:
LEGO BBQ - June 26 - Bring Your Own Bricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:52:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Everyone is invited to a LEGO barbecue next Saturday, June 26, at my house in Wheaton, IL. Bring your models bring some food, and have some fun.

When: Saturday, June 26, 3:00 pm
Where: Tim Courtney’s House (email for directions)
Bring: Everyone who wants to cook on the grill should bring their own meat. Please bring a snack to share. Limited selection of soft drinks at the house, so bring your favorite beverage if you’re so inclined.
Ideas: Some could play BrikWars, we could do some collaborative building project (from my bricks or yours), etc.
Contact: Tim Courtney (email for phone number)

Please RSVP as early as possible. Last minute visitors are welcome, but if you can let me know ahead of time I’d like to have a count sooner than later :-)

-Tim

Subject:
2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show ........call for participation........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 02:53:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show

NILTC is pleased to announce that we will be holding the 2nd Annual
Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL December 4-5th. This show was proven to
be a great success last year smashing all previous attendance records while at
the same time bringing together 3 separate Lego train clubs. This year we are
looking to encourage even more clubs to come join the fun. We have a large
indoor facility at the historic Cantigny Park.

Any interested clubs or individuals should contact OnDrew Hartigan to discuss
the details.

Friday, December 3rd
    SETUP noon until we are done. Please note that we will have visitors in
    the building until 4pm.
Saturday, December 4th
     SETUP 7-9am    SHOW 9am-4pm    PLAY time  4pm-?
Sunday, December 5th
      SHOW 9am-4pm   tear down 4pm-?

Address
  1s 151 Winfield rd.
  Winfield, IL 60190

Directions:
  http://www.cantignypark.com/NewSite/directions.htm

Last year we had 4 train layouts and 1 castle layout. While we have
named this show a "train show" all themes are welcome. From robotics to
moonbases, anything Lego will make a delightful addition to this event.

Thanks,
OnDrew
roj2323 at yahoo . com

-----------------------------------

p.s. Thank you Jason for helping me write this up.

Re: Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:52:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Ken Nagel wrote:
A small but busy show!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3389

Thank you, Ken

Ken

I'm curious, who built the "ACME Quality Used Grey Bricks" delivery truck? No
special reason for asking :-) share and enjoy!

Constantine

Re: Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Ken Nagel wrote:
   A small but busy show!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3389

Thank you, Ken

Do you have any more information or pictures on the construction of this:

I’m Intrigued...

-John Rudy

New Yahoo Group: chicago-lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:27:20 GMT

Hi everyone -
I have created a new Yahoo group tonight to coordinate meetings and other stuff
among Chicago area LEGO builders. I've called it chicago-lego. It is publicly
listed on Yahoo, but new members must be approved to join. I'm doing it this way
so people feel comfortable posting their phone numbers and addresses to the
list.

I've invited eveyrone who either 1) was at the meeting at Woodfield or 2) has
emailed or posted expressing interest. If you were missed, or if you haven't
spoken up yet, feel free to put in a request to join chicago-lego over on Yahoo,
and I'll approve you.

I'm thinking it would be cool to hold a meeting towards the end of April...

-Tim

Subject:
Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:09:19 GMT

A small but busy show!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3389

Thank you, Ken

Subject:
NILTC to display at All American Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:24:12 GMT

The Northern Illinois Lego Train Club will have a display at the All American
Railroad Show will be held this Saturday, March 13, at the Lyons Township
Highschool Fieldhouse in LaGrange, Illinois.  The fieldhouse is located at the
intersection of Cossitt & Brainard Roads. The show runs 9am-5pm. As this will be
a one day show the layout will be small by normal NILTC standards. If You'll be
in the neighborhood stop and say "Hello!" -Ken

Subject:
NILTC exhibited their layout at NMRA "High Wheeler 04"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:12:42 GMT

New building tallent, new creations, and an opportunity to run in the dark!
For more info please visit:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3302

Thanks, Ken

Re: Cantigny...The rest of the story.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Ken Nagel wrote:
The 1st midwest Lego show is history it was very sucessful. Planning has already
begun for the 2nd! for the full story please visit:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2381?r=2090339255

To see all the show pics as well as a few pictures of Cantigny Park and their
mechanised armor collection visit:

Thank you, Ken-NILTC

I see you revived the engine?

I remember her from years past....
Josh

Subject:
Cantigny...The rest of the story.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:24:42 GMT

The 1st midwest Lego show is history it was very sucessful. Planning has already
begun for the 2nd! for the full story please visit:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2381?r=2090339255

To see all the show pics as well as a few pictures of Cantigny Park and their
mechanised armor collection visit:

Thank you, Ken-NILTC

Subject:
I need HELP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:20:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

(no not that kind of help)

Hey all,
I am currently planning a Lego train show in Winfield Illinois for dec.6-7th
(see flyer:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/roj2323/showflyer/cantigny_show.jpg>) and I
have a problem. I have a 35ft x 35ft room to fill and no clue as to what to put
in it. I had a layout for the room but that club backed out today. Is there
anyone who would be interested in bringing a display and hanging out with 20-30
other adult Lego fans for a weekend?
Thanks for your time,
OnDrew
P.s. any theme would be ok by me.

Please forward this to your club if you think it's a feasible driving distance.

Re: multi club show offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:32:08 GMT

After recently returning to the world of Lego I am looking forward to a show
this close to our home. (only a matter of a few miles)
Although we are still sorting the newly amassed collection and have nothing yet
built ro display, I hope to pick up a few ideas there!

Wonder how much $$ this free show will end up costing me???

Re: multi club show offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:18:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Everyone -
I'd like to invite you to display at a new LEGO show coming up the
weekend of December 6-7th in Winfield, IL at Cantigny Park
(www.cantignypark.com). Last year, the Northern Illinois LEGO Train
Club
displayed for this show, alongside several non-LEGO layouts. This year,
it is to be an entirely LEGO show - a first for this part of the
country!

I'd like to see all sorts of LEGO creations for display, trains, space,
castle, Mindstorms, etc etc. We have plenty of space so if you're
interested please let me know as soon as possible!

There isn't much time before this show - I apologize for the late
notice. However, I hope you are able to attend with models!

-Ondrew

crossposting to state groops since I forgot to do so earlyer.

Also there is still plenty of space so if your interested in hanging out with
people from at least 4 different clubs let me know. -->(roj2323@yahoo.com)
ondrew
p.s. I have a place for you to crash if need be.

Re: multi club show offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:12:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Everyone -
I'd like to invite you to display at a new LEGO show coming up the
weekend of December 6-7th in Winfield, IL at Cantigny Park
(www.cantignypark.com). Last year, the Northern Illinois LEGO Train
Club
displayed for this show, alongside several non-LEGO layouts. This year,
it is to be an entirely LEGO show - a first for this part of the
country!

I'd like to see all sorts of LEGO creations for display, trains, space,
castle, Mindstorms, etc etc. We have plenty of space so if you're
interested please let me know as soon as possible!

There isn't much time before this show - I apologize for the late
notice. However, I hope you are able to attend with models!

-Ondrew

Spotlighted.

For anyone in the area interested, or even if you're a few hours' drive away,
this is a great location for a show. It doesn't draw huge crowds, but they were
a quality bunch last year for our first show there. The space is very nice, and
there's plenty of room for 3-4 train layouts, plus Moonbase/Castle/etc displays.
Please contact Ondrew and arrange to bring out your stuff! We'd love to see more
than just trains there!

-Tim

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact