 Trains / Train Organizations / NCLTC / 40
Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:52:16 GMT

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Mike, this was an excellent writeup. One more note about Tom from Tom's • Train
Station: Tom now carries LEGO at his store (got his first shipment on • Friday),
and brought seven each of the new trains to sell at his GATS booth on • Saturday.
As I understand it, he sold out within hours. He brought the remainder of • his
shipment to GATS on Sunday, then sold the rest. I hear that Tom is getting • bit
by the LEGO bug, too, and is already planning his addition to the NCLTC • layout!

Cary

Cary brings up a good point, one I had forgotten about.  Here are a couple
of deep links of people holding LEGO train sets under their arm.  It was
nice to see this at a train show.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/TrainShows/GATS-2003/Saturday/dscn0607_tn.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/TrainShows/GATS-2003/Saturday/dscn0608_tn.jpg

Tom told us he believed he could have sold quite a few more if he had them
but he had no idea what the demand would be.  In addition to four sets each
of 4511 and 4512, Tom also sold out of the supply of 10013 Open Freight
Wagons he had.

It was really nice to be able to point people who asked to one of the vendor
booths right on the show floor.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com