 Trains / Train Organizations / NCLTC / 38
Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Mike Walsh wrote:
This past weekend NCLTC had our layout on display at the Great American
Train Show (GATS) in Raleigh, North Carolina. • ...

Tom Staley of Tom's Train Station (a local model railroad store) loaned me a
wireless video camera.
Mike, this was an excellent writeup. One more note about Tom from Tom's Train
Station: Tom now carries LEGO at his store (got his first shipment on Friday),
and brought seven each of the new trains to sell at his GATS booth on Saturday.
As I understand it, he sold out within hours. He brought the remainder of his
shipment to GATS on Sunday, then sold the rest. I hear that Tom is getting bit
by the LEGO bug, too, and is already planning his addition to the NCLTC layout!

Cary