 Trains / 9507
Re: 7 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 19:24:30 GMT

"Toll, Kim" wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Mario Ferrari writes:

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:G83sDK.90K@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Real men model 7 wide ;P
SteveB
:D

Got any pictures?

Gianluca Morelli built at least one of those 7 wide, so now I know he's a
Real Men :-)

Ciao
Mario

I built an F7A that is 7 wide.  I suppose that counts? In fact I built two A
units and a B unit, so now I can run an ABA setup.  Looks really neat too!
The only problem right now is that my engine set is longer than the rolling
stock I have to put behind it!  Looks a little funny, but I'll fix that
eventually :)

I've only got pics of one of the A units.  I'll have to get some pics of the
whole line-up up there soon.

Click the very first link 'Soo F7' under the "What's New":

http://www.easystreet.com/~kjmrr/

Kim
PNLTC member

Since going 8-wide I am down to one engine, but I do plan on making a second
SD40-2 identical to my first one someday, but I was thinking the same along the
same lines. In reality two SD40-2's could haul a train much longer than I'll
ever build.

By the way I really like your F7A, but I have said that before, and I am looking
forward to seeing the ABA combination. I love when model railroaders lash
together multiple units.

Chris

PS I built a 7-wide car carrier to run with my old 6-wide stuff, but my move to
8-wide made it obsolete.
--
PGP public key available upon request.