 Trains / 8013
Re: How to start in Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:45:56 GMT

You can control a LEGO train via an RCX.  If you are going to go this route
make sure you have a 1.0 RCX version.  This version has a AC Adapter
connection on it.  This is very useful if you are just going to have the RCX
stationary (as is the case of controlling a train).  I've been working on
some code to have an RCX control a train.  Currenlty, my RCX are doing
collision avoidance of trains.  Visit my site  www.geocities.com\jedi_agh to
see what I mean.

The idea I have for controlling a train via an RCX is as follow.
1) Use input 1 to start/stop train (start train @ medium speed)
2) Use inpiut 2 to cycle thru all speed (begin at normal --> highest -->
stop --> slowest speed --> normal)
3) Use input 3 to make train engine noise
4) Use only 1 output to control the train

Hope this helps you out.