 Trains / 7025
Re: World Record LEGO Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:21:02 GMT

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message
news:39A2C927.CE113FCD@telepres.com...

Also, this brings up another question - has anyone attempted to set a
record for a monorail bridge?  It seems a shame to have such a large,
unsupported span of dual train track, only to put a monorail track with
stanchions right beside it :)

I've done a monorail bridge, but only of 5 lengths with no support
inbetween.  I braced it underneath by building down off of the 2x2 sockets
with 2x2 round bricks, and bracing them with technic pegs.  Then I tied the
2x2 round bricks together with 2xn plates - so the pressure of the train
would be braced by the vertical connections into the plate, which didn't
contract.  This significantly reduced the flexing of the bridge when the
train was travelling over it.  I also braced a wire underneath with a
balancing tram repair car, and extended 1x2 plates with the ladders on it
down so the minifig could climb up underneat the bridge.

Regretfully, I don't think I have pictures.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne