 Trains / 5875
Re: 9V train collection completed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 00:13:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

After buying the LegoLOCO® software to get the small and limited
edition promoset 2585 on saturday, I'm now proud owner of all 9V train items.

Two weeks ago my collection of the grey era got into state of completenes too.

Since I bought the long missing 138 last friday via ebay, I'm just waiting for
set 722 and steam engine (or just the goldprinted bricks) from 720 to have a
complete Lego® train collection from 1966 till today.

But I'm quite sure this will become true during the next two months...

OK everbody, we can make some serious money here by refusing to sell these
last vital items to Ben;

1. We all demand a price about 2,500% higher than the market price.
2. If he is keen to complete his collection, he will buy the items.
3. The 2000% extra is shared out amongst all the other owners who were willing
to sell.
4. The buyer who sold the item to Ben gets a 500% increase in price
5. Everyone else gets a cut...and gets to keep their sets!

Sorry Ben, looks like you will have to try very hard to obtain the most
complete collection of Lego trains in the world.

Of course I'm not jealous!

Jon
And what will be next? I have not enough room to store a new theme like • pirats,
I even wrecked my model team sets (exept from converted 5571) to win some more
space.

And I like nothing more than the train theme. Maybe I could try to get all
paperware concerning the trains: more than half of the sets I own came without
any instructions. That would be a time and moneyintensive hobby and it • wouldn't
take to much room in my appartement.  ;-)

And I think, in future I will make up some more MOCs than during the last
years. No reason to get bored of Lego!

Ben

Latest picture of 2585 on my train site:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/pi462.jpg