 Trains / 5800
Re: Lego layout from the seventies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 16:18:37 GMT

Thanks for the pointer, that is a cool idea book. But I am left wondering, are
those bridges really strong enough? The brigde on page 86 is pretty short, but
the one on page 79 is fairly long (3 tracks). Just wondering out loud.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. I guess I could try building it and testing it out. If I do, I'll let you
know.

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gianluca Morelli writes:
Hi all,I've put this old pic (I'm very fond of it) on brickshelf
gallery.

www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gm/op/enciclopedia0.jpg

It is a lego train layout from the seventies,that was on an old
encyclopedia of mine (since its name) .

Note the bridge, it's made out of blue rails. We have seen several AFOL
creations that do that, but I had no idea there was a precedent for it. Cool

++Lar

There are other precedents for this sort of bridge.  See

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/index.html

In particular, pages 79 and 86.

This is my favorite train idea book.

It also has a roller coaster on page 88.

/Eric McC/