 Trains / 5273
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:23:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

What I can't figure out is the pantagraph on the roof.  Most of it looks
familiar:  the very top piece looks like a 1x6 black low "fence" piece; the
hinge structure looks familiar; but, the method of attaching the 1x6 black • low
"fence" piece to the "finger" hinges is what I can't readily dicern.

There may be one new piece here. Consider a 1x1 plate with 2 fingers on both
edges? Plug that into a clip to clip into the bottom of the rail

Either that or they borrowed your unsymmetric method and we can't spot it.

I would rather they used the old panto as in 4551 but that doesn't allow for
diamond pantos, only L (single sided) pantos

Gotta wonder!  Love the models, regardless of the truth.  My compliments to • the
builder(s).

My complements to the hoaxer if it is a hoax (Suz weighing in on the hoax side
does carry some weight with me, she knows a fair bit about image prep and how
Lego does things stylistically) and my complements to the set designers if • not.

I concurr.

Hopefully the latter. But like I said (and no one's called me on it) point me
to a successful hoax of this magnitude in our hobby, please... hasn't been one
IIRC.

++Lar

...wasn't there an artist who generated a bit of controversy when he created a
mock up of a LEGO set under the theme of a WWII era concentration camp?  That
was kicked around on r.t.l a couple of years back, and I may not be recalling
it correctly and with enough detail at this point.  However, I seem to remember
some people trying to pass it off as a real set, thus the hoax connection.  The
artist's intention was probably not to create a prank, but rather an artistic
expression (which I found distasteful, by the way).  If we don't remember it,
he failed to impress, I guess.

Ed