 Trains / 5257
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:53:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Look at following link, about time we get something before the USA, gtfthis
is a scan of of upcoming sets for Lego end of the year, YEAHHHHHHHHH:
http://members.tripod.de/legoit/herbst2000.html

A happy 9V Trasin Collector and builder
Paul

Hmmm...  Anyone besides me find these suspicious?  The images just don't feel
right...  Not to mention the font is wrong...

Jeff

nice models. if they had been taken in prototype format, not mocked up onto
pages, I almost could have fallen for it. :-)

Listen up, people!!  This is from "Someone in the know"!!  :)

There are many specific flaws in the design of the pages. LEGO has style
guidlines.

- The name SYSTEM would  have to appear beside the LEGO logo before the
presence of anything that looked like a train logo. Train logo would not be
blown up to height of LEGO red square.

I thought they got rid of SYSTEM...  Also, the red dot is too large...  I'm
sure Lego has premade scalable templates for this kind of thing, so there
wouldn't be errors...

- the trademark/copyright info would not say (c) Logo(R)  (yes, L-o-g-o)

I didn't notice that.  Not a mistake Lego would make, for sure.

- photography is of unacceptable quality. even for a first layout draft.

And some of them seem to've been taken with a panoramic lens, causing
"bending".

No doubt an April 1 hoax. good one.

And the models are nice, too.  But I fully agree it is a hoax.

Jeff