 Trains / 5251
Re: April 1st sometime in the world ... ? (Re: New Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:29:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes:
Maybe we're spending too much time on the quality of the graphics.

Image quality is a big part of determining if it is a fake.  IMO, at least.
For example, is it just a bad scan?  What evidence is there for or against
this?  One piece of evidence is that many of the colors are too universal for
it to be a scan.  (I do a *lot* of scanning here at work)

Lets look at the sets themselves. Where would those wheels on the 4460 and the
gray wheels on the 4432.

Homemade would be my guess.  Paint would turn the wheel covers gray...  The
image quality is poor enough to mask imperfections and such.

And the doors and windows on the passenger cars on
the 4450?

Again, I'd say paint.

I think I'll hold out hope that they are real. We did hear rumors a few
weeks back about digital trains from LEGO coming out soon.

I don't remember that...  But then, I don't read trains that much.  :)

Jeff