 Trains / 4138

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 05:03:40 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote

Modelling trains with LEGO is fun and a challenge, but scale modelling
it ain't, so talking about scale is just a waste of time.

I only bring up scale because of the track gauge issue.  I think trains built 8
wide compared to 6 wide "look" better.  More realistic?  Kinda.  I just want my
trains wider than a snowmobile.  I want my trains to be able to seat 2 figs
across.  I think it's better, but I wouldn't say "it is better"....well, not
without good-natured kidding going on;-)

So I wouldn't say talking about scale is a waste of time, just sharing POVs:-)

-John

There. I think that's what I meant to say :-)
--
Tony Priestman

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
So I wouldn't say talking about scale is a waste of time, just sharing POVs:-)

Ok. point taken :-)

Perhaps what I mean is, there is no ultimate answer to the 'What Scale
Is Lego?' question. Perhaps it deserves a FAQ entry. Perhaps there is
one already. :-)
--
Tony Priestman

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
So I wouldn't say talking about scale is a waste of time, just sharing POVs:-)

Ok. point taken :-)

Perhaps what I mean is, there is no ultimate answer to the 'What Scale
Is Lego?' question. Perhaps it deserves a FAQ entry. Perhaps there is
one already. :-)

Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears
constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy
enough to handle "MF";-)  What scale it approximates with respect to model
railroading is debate fodder in NGs:-)

-John

--
Tony Priestman

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears
constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy
enough to handle "MF";-)  What scale it approximates with respect to model
railroading is debate fodder in NGs:-)

-John

I suppose Lego trains could be L6 for 6 wide and L8 for 8 wide.  Anybody else
want to start a Lego Train Scale naming convention?

Mike

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears
constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy
enough to handle "MF";-)  What scale it approximates with respect to model
railroading is debate fodder in NGs:-)

-John

I suppose Lego trains could be L6 for 6 wide and L8 for 8 wide.  Anybody else
want to start a Lego Train Scale naming convention?

Mike

How about just AR - artistically right.

--
Tony Priestman

Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears
constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy
enough to handle "MF";-)  What scale it approximates with respect to model
railroading is debate fodder in NGs:-)

-John

Neither are most Lego fans.  I mention Minifigs to people buying Lego
at work and they give me a blank look.  It's kinda sad actually. =/