 Trains / 4135
Re: Monorails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:04:53 GMT

I don't think this would be possible with 9V trains, seems to me the curve
radius is too tight to get enough incline on each "loop."

--
William A. Swanberg
CPT, SC

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message

I think it would be a cool idea...if it is possible.

Michael Pratt

Why shouldn't it be possible? Actually I only know the spirals of Jan, a • friend
of mine, who built them for 12V track. But they are far to big, to get • them on
most tables. With an increase of one brick per 16 studs of track, all the
12V engines had the power to run up and down, including regular numbers of
cars.
If interested in these spirals go here:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/pic20.jpg
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/pi124.jpg
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/pic43.jpg
(notice the use of wood: the size is same as made by thousands of Lego • bricks,
but Jan was to short of them that time.)

I think, monorail trains make much bigger inclines, so they should cause • no
trouble.

Kind Regards,

Ben