 Trains / 3872
Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 05:35:35 GMT

uhhh...stammer....uhhhh....wow! That has to be the most deceptive model I have
seen in a long time. It looks simple, but it is not!

First, a working pantograph. I think the rest of us have only dreamed about
something like that.

Second, nice railing and lights.

Third, BEAUTIFUL photograph. Digital or scanned?

Thanks for sharing,
Chris

P.S. What did you use a support masts?

brian williams wrote:

Ben,

Hi.  A couple years ago I installed caternary over most of my layout.  The
support masts are all Lego elements but the wire is not.  I use HO scale
Maerklin pantographs to pick-up power on the engines (see
"http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/lok_772_1.jpg").  A wire runs
down into the motor case which is modified with a switch underneath so that
current can be selected from overhead or track.

-Brian Williams