 Trains / 31701
31700  |  31702
Subject:
LEGO Trains, 4.5V, 12V and 9V Recent Discoveries and Images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:24:44 GMT

OK... one of my recent projects in upgrading my 2800 page Unofficial LEGO
Sets/Parts Collectors Guide to an expanded 3700 page guide (free to current
owners of DVD or DVD download of the guide)... is expanding the train chapters
(Blue Track 4.5 and 12V and Gray Track 4.5 and 12V)... to include all the
variations by country or countries.

For example the 7740 Intercity Train of 1980 is known in at least 3 language box
variations....  1) Danish/Swedish/Finnish, 2) German/Dutch/French (for Germany,
Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Austria and Switzerland), and
English/Italian/French (for UK/Ireland/Australia, Italy and France).

There are so many interesting variations of these sets in 1-3 languages (instead
of the usual 10-12).

I am looking for images of the different blue and gray track sets that are
language specific... such as the USA and Canada Samsonite versions, as well as
specific versions made by British LEGO Ltd. (UK/Ireland/Australia) and EU (TLG).

I have even found a 183 Train set with Spanish language stamp on it from 1975
from Argentina... a set that was sold in neither the USA or Canada.  This really
threw me for a loop, because I wasn't aware that LEGO was sold anywhere in South
America before the 1980s.

See here for specific info on many of the rare items that have been uncovered
for the train system...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108675

I am looking for box images of other local/regional language set.  Any that you
supply me, will get you a mention in the collectors guide, and even a discount
if you don't own my guide.

This type of information is not found anywhere else, or in any online database.

I am also upgrading my guide into the 21st century to add a new chapter on early
9V trains.

Like I said all future upgrades are free to current owners!

Thanks!
Gary Istok

P.S.  After Train... the next system to get all the regional variations of sets
is Technic!  :)