 Trains / 31700
Re: Question for the electronics experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:33:39 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:
Anyone know if it is possible to hack the Power Functions remotes &
receivers to operate on a different 'band'?

At our Swedish forums, www.swebrick.se there is a thread about controlling 8
standard Lego receivers (total of 16 control channels) with a custom IR
sender. The receivers seem to be prepared for more channels than currently
available from Lego.

http://www.swebrick.se/index.php?topic=8078.0

Picture:
http://www.swebrick.se/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8078.0;attach=29857;image

The thread is in swedish, but if you're interested you can send me an e-mail
address, and I'll pass it on to the developer. I'm (almost) sure he's
willing to share details.

--
Anders Isaksson