 Trains / 31695
Re: Question for the electronics experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 03:51:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
Anyone know if it is possible to hack the Power Functions remotes & receivers to
operate on a different 'band'?

GMLTC is working on plans for our next club layout, and we might have seven
operating loops.  If we are running PF trains, we'll have some interference
since there are only four PF channels to choose from.

If someone could modify the system to operate on a different frequency /
protocol / whatever, we could use that for the club trains and not interfere
with the guest trains that kids bring to run on our layout.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

But each channel has 2 separate controls, red & blue, so you can control up to 8
trains without resorting to modifications, as long as each only uses 1 output.

ROSCO