 Trains / 31127
    I can stop building steam engines now... —Benn Coifman
   (URL) full gallery> I think I've built my masterpiece, I doubt I'll ever be able to top this one. Just over a year ago, after the Emerald Night came out I decided to build a better Pacific. My chosen subject was the Southern Pacific Railroad, 4-6-2 (...) (14 years ago, 4-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: I can stop building steam engines now... —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) Hi Benn! Very cool engines and building techniques - thanks for sharing them with us! I especially liked your use of crate plates to create the illusion of smoke rising from the smoke stack. Brilliant idea! Ben (14 years ago, 10-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: I can stop building steam engines now... —Benn Coifman
     (...) Thanks for the kind words Ben. I was quite tickled with crater plates myself, though it all happened accidentally. After a few folks complained about my backgrounds for earlier MOC pictures I decided to reach back and get the 48x48 baseplates (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: I can stop building steam engines now... —Scott Wardlaw
   Benn, Excellent MOC! I really enjoyed seeing it in person and was surprised by the detail that it has. Really nice job curving the shape of the boiler! I had fun at BrickWorld, and hope to see you again next year. Scott (14 years ago, 25-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: I can stop building steam engines now... —Benn Coifman
   (...) Thanks for the kind words. Indeed, it was great to see you and all of the other train builders at BW. Likewise, your consist was quite impressive. Benn (14 years ago, 27-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)