 Trains / 31131
Re: I can stop building steam engines now...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   full gallery

Hi Benn!

Very cool engines and building techniques - thanks for sharing them with us! I especially liked your use of crate plates to create the illusion of smoke rising from the smoke stack. Brilliant idea!

Ben

Thanks for the kind words Ben. I was quite tickled with crater plates myself, though it all happened accidentally. After a few folks complained about my backgrounds for earlier MOC pictures I decided to reach back and get the 48x48 baseplates for this one. Well, I had to knock over the crater plates that were in my way and that was when inspiration struck.

I’ve added a couple of pictures of the tender innards while under construction to the gallery. But remember, she’s not just a pretty face, she’s one strong loco. I’ve added a video of the engine pulling a 51 car train. As you can see, I was space constrained and could not get any more cars on the tracks. I ran that train for at least half an hour.

Benn