 Trains / 29921
    Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge? —Dave Sterling
   (...) Wow! This has all been great information and the pictures are wonderful. I'm really excited to get a closer look at some of these bridges at various shows this summer. :-) I might even have to get out to somewhere where SCLTC is displaying (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge? —Ted Michon
   (...) Dave- If you want your truss construction to actually support the bridge, you should convert your trapezoids into triangles (i.e., break them up by adding verticals in the middle). (Actually, the way many of us do this still makes trapezoids, (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge? —Dave Sterling
     (...) Yeah, after I built this I realized that I had the technic pins at the top too far apart and should move them each in slightly to form a triangle. Right now the track and track bed are supporting most of the load I think. I pulled out my old (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge? —Dave Sterling
   (...) Ted: Here's V2.0 of my 92-stud bridge. I added the vertical bracing and it made a HUGE difference in both the stability of the deck and the lateral stability of the actual truss structure. (2 URLs) More Pictures> Now I just have to wait for my (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge? —Ted Michon
   (...) How much clearance should I have track to (...) At work they like to quote the statement "Standards are great. That's why we have so many of them." Standard height is whatever you and whomever you interoperate with agree on. At SCLTC, standard (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)