 Trains / 29634
Re: A power rail idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:40:11 GMT

With all the advances in battery (rechargeable and otherwise) technology these
days, you might be a little shortsighted in your estimation of the feasibility
of battery trains.

But assuming you are correct, my biggest concern about this idea is the fact
that it would no longer look like a real train.  That's always been my objection
to the 12V system and 3-rail systems like Lionel, since real train tracks only
have two rails.

If we're going to work on ways to make LEGO trains take power from the track, I
think adding conductors to plastic rails, with wheels picking up the power, is
the way to go.  Otherwise your trains will not look at all realistic.