 Trains / 29625
Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:37:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

I too like the trucks, but I wonder about their durability. It looks
like the "L" plates are held on by minifig neck bracket thingies... I
hope that will be strong enough because I like the look.

They're strong enough if you don't touch them.  They fall off left and right
when handling the model.  Once it's on the track and running, though, they seem
to stay in place.  I've been running my test model with a few cars most of the
morning, and the vibration hasn't been enough to dislodge them.

Also, you might
have to switch from 1x4 tiles to 1x6 tiles to hold the center section
on. On the other hand, I'd be more than happy to surrender my "most
fragile train on layout" award to you :)

Heh.  I think I've already won that one with the circus train.  When that one
derails, wagons, chains, animals, etc. go everywhere.  :)

-Elroy