 Trains / 29621
Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:08:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

   Really nice work on this. I’m not especially keen on the fan (I think that’s what the round bit is) solution though. Perhaps an old smooth tyre over 2x2 round plates or something similar would be more prototypical. It’s a fine looking RS-3 though and the bogies are great.

Tim

I went home on my lunch break and gave that smooth tyre idea a try. It looks really good. If I could find a smooth tyre in green it would look even better. The other option might be a pulley wheel. I think those come in green. It might have the same issue as the disc, though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Elroy