 Trains / 29595
Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:23:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Don Cox wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:

My point is that TLG should continue with the 9volt system until a new system is
developed and available.

Maybe (big 'maybe' of course) there is 2 years or so of stock left of current
track and motors and all.  They are still selling track in old dark grey
afterall - quite a while after the color change has happened.  This doesn't
appear to help the whole situation in the long run of course. (AFTER the two
years)

If you look on page 6 of the Holiday 2006 catalog, there is a sample 9volt oval
that is advertized as 27"x33" and is made up of 8 curved track pieces per end.
In that same issue, on page 11, there is a oval of the RC plastic track that is
28"x37.5"... where is the 1" difference?  Is the curved pieces a different
radius?  Not having any of the plastic track, I am not able to tell.

I'd bet this is just lousy editing in the Lego catalog.

Jonathan