 Trains / 29528
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Don Cox wrote:
The self-contained, truck-mounted electric motor drawing track current is the
most low-profile design available. Any deviation from this will serve as a crimp
on creative possibilities. Again witness the R/C system.

As it is now, I will spend less for LEGO to 'house' my layout and I will
continue to do train shows until my motors burn out.  After that...

After your motors burn out, you'll have expensive push toys <G>

-HRH

Hey Harvey,

I think you missed the point in the original post by Steve. The next "Train"
will have motors as well. What we do not know is if the motors will fit in
existing locomotive designs allowing the trains to look realistic.

If the new motors are based upon the new Power Functions sets, like Monster
Dino, Ferris Wheel, or the Bulldozer, then perhaps this will work. I do not
know. There are many questions left unanswered that hopefully LEGO will reveal
soon.

Todd