 Trains / 29522
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:40:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego, John Gerlach wrote:
I'm really afraid of what will become of this decision.

What to do now?

I believe this to be a very bad decision, to discontinue the 9volt system at
this time.  Perhaps the new electrical system will be better, but at this time,
it is still in the planning stage and is curently scheduled to be out in 2009.
What do we do until then?

Do we continue doing our train shows and tell visitors that the line is
discontinued but in a couple of years another train system may be ready?  We are
continued being asked "where can we buy the trains?'.  Had TLG made the LEGO
Trains, both 9volt and RC available to Train Hobby Shops along with their
accessories such as track, motors, and controllers, they may have sold more, or
is it that this was not done to prove their point that the 9volt trains were not
selling, therefore, not profitable.  If a product is not seen by the buying
public, they are not apt to buy...

And all the money invested into the 9volt system, will we be able to convert our
present engines to the new system?  Is the track going to be of the same scale
so that the current RC and 9volt trains will run on them?

As it is now, I will spend less for LEGO to 'house' my layout and I will
continue to do train shows until my motors burn out.  After that...

Another question... When the new electrical train system comes out and those who
invest in it climb onboard, will TLG continue it or develope another system and
discontinue it in a few years?

We are finally accepted into the Train Hobby, please don't mess it up!!!

With deep concerns,

Don Cox      GtwLUG      Lugnet#1239      St. Louis, Mo.  USA