 Trains / 29282
Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not? // piracy of models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:44:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Damon Burke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: • [snip]
What I even hate more in cases of piracy are copies like these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330099273094
my original:

Ben;
Droped this guy an email yesterday through ebay and got this response:
Hi,
I understand the anger, I made a mistake about this model and I have already
talked this through with Ben Beineke.

Regards,
Yoni
Hopefully he has touched base with you regarding this. Cheers.

Dear Damon,

thanks for your involvement in this case. Last week I have been at the "Power
Gen" exhibition in Madrid so I could not answer earlier.

When I was made aware about the above quoted act of piracy by a fellow LEGO fan,
I tried to get into touch with the seller of this item, but had no success,
first.

When the auction ended I also contacted the high bidder. (And today I actually
have strong hints, that the high bidder is not a real person, but only a phantom
bidder of the seller).

In result the seller set all his feedback to private status in order to hide his
new and former buyers.

At that time I got an e-mail from the seller in which he excused for his piracy
and promised never to sell any of my intelectual property again.

This has been my main goal and so the case is shut from my side.

On the other side the seller argued, that I had not mentioned my copyrights and
he claimed that "Brickshelf.com is a free site" (which he obviously still saw as
a excuse for piracy).

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: as much as I hate the pirates, I appreciate the community of LEGO fans. I
myself would hardly find any piracy actions, but got those reported again and
again by long term LEGO friends around. This is the good side of the medal.