 Trains / 29246
Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:42:03 GMT

--snip--

What I even hate more in cases of piracy are copies like these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330099273094
my original:

and a second:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330108315873
my original

This guy did the worst from my point of view: he behaves as if this is his
design and he sells them for good prices. He makes money from my good will to
share my designs via brickshelf.

That is terribly dishonest thievery (there is no other word). Can you contact
eBay and ask them to retract the auctions for selling stolen IP? By posting on
BS you do not give up your rights and you own the copyright for the design
(automatically granted in the EU from what I know).

--snip--

And this is a "grey" example. It looks like _very strongly_ influenced by my
creation:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/freebee/Buildings/switchtower.jpg

I have seen a grey example of one of mine done before too... It is very
frustrating in some ways: on the one hand you are almost certain it is copied
and altered without credit but on the other hand maybe, just maybe it is just
luck.

--snip--

And speaking about giving credits: I try to do so whereever I "borrow" a design
feature. But now and then I do actually forget to do so. For example I have not
credited all the cases where I used the 2x2-round-boat-bottom-slding-tile with
studs downwards orientation as steam dome on an engine boiler. This has been
invented - as far as we know - by a talented LEGO master builder who now lives
in Hawaii. ;-)

Leg Godt!

Ben

You did via email at least ;) I think that so long as you credit the first few
times you use something eventually it becomes unneccessary (well, depends on how
complicated but I would feel that was usually fair for something I invented).

Tim