 Trains / 28999
    LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —Jordan Schwarz
   I decided to model the very well known GG1 locomotive as a model available from LEGO Factory. I took some liberties with the design and color scheme in order to accomodate what can be done in LDD. Even so, I think the result is inherently (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —Chris van Lottum
     (...) Hi Jordan Definitely recognisable as the GG1 48 studs is long - the same length as my GE ES44AC which runs OK through curves. The only 'problem' will be clearance for the centre overhang. Mounting the pivots at the end, the centre of the body (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —Jordan Schwarz
     (...) Chris, Thank you very much for your comments and insight. Agreed, pivoting from the two inner trucks would reduce the overhang. There are two constraints affecting this design decision: I would like to have the three-wheel trucks on the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
     (...) I wonder if it might be possible to pivot where the two trucks join together. We could have an opening for the pin on the motor trucks to move around in, like you have done with the 3-axle trucks. And instead of the half-pin currently used, (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
   (...) ... (...) ... (...) Looks like a great model! I just bought one (black, without motors) and will report back when I get it built. In fact this is the first time I've ordered someone's model from LEGO Factory. I am amazed at how smooth the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
   (...) Well it has arrived! I downloaded the instructions from legofactory.com and man do they stink! I don't think it is any reflection on the design - the software just isn't doing a very good job of coming up with the steps for creating this (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —Jordan Schwarz
   (...) Glad that you ordered the GG1! This isn't the first complaint about instructions generation in LDD, unfortunately. I would suggest trying the different instructions modes (there's one for vehicles, buildings, and Technic) to see if you have (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
     (...) NOW you tell me :-) Actually I managed to get it built, but it wasn't easy. (...) That doesn't seem to help, as I did a fresh install of the program last night just for this - my wife's Mac didn't have it installed. (...) OK, I will do that (...) (17 years ago, 30-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
   (...) A brief update ... I got it built a while ago but only today tried putting it on the tracks. Bad news, I'm afraid. To make it work on LEGO curves, you need to remove the 4x6 tile with technic peg from the 3-axle trucks and add some tiles (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —Ross Crawford
   (...) My (URL) breakdown crane> has 3 axle trucks using standard LEGO wheelsets, and traverses points just fine, although it does have 4 weight bricks holding it down. ROSCO (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
   (...) It's also not hinged to another truck; it only has to rotate around its center point. Being attached to the motor truck, the 3-axle trucks in the GG1 are being pulled a little bit off center as the wheels go into the curve, and I think that's (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

        Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested —William R. Ward
   (...) Bruce Chamberlain postulated that the problem is due to one of the 3-axle trucks being *pushed* through the curve rather than pulled. I suspect that a rubber band between the two 3-axle trucks would help - I will try that sometime. --Bill. (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)