 Trains / 29160
Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 01:51:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, William R. Ward wrote:
   I think the issue here is the 3 axle truck itself. To work on a switch you would need to float the center axle a little - I’ve seen this done in LEGO trains before - so that it can make that really sharp bend on the curved part of the switch track without derailing.

My breakdown crane has 3 axle trucks using standard LEGO wheelsets, and traverses points just fine, although it does have 4 weight bricks holding it down.

ROSCO