 Trains / 28702
    New Thomas Duplo Trains —John Neal
   I just came across (URL) this post> by Ken Dowd over in .duplo stating that TLG is coming out with some new Thomas Duplo trains. That's BIG news in my book, and I'm wondering how it flew under my vast, LEGO train radar. In any event, I'm reposting (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains —Tim David
   (...) I find their choice of locos wierd, Gordon yes, but why Salty and whatever the silver A4 is called? Tim (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains —John Neal
   (...) "Spencer". Agreed. I lost, er, track, of all of Thomas' newer friends (gad, he's got more than I do!) since he big motion picture. Personally, I think Tom should spend more time with his older friends and stop making so many new ones. JOHN (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains —Mark Bellis
   (...) I agree absolutely. I prefer to stick to the characters in the original 26 books by Rev. W Awdry and the 14 by his son Christopher Awdry. Those stories were closely based on real events on real railways, making the more modern tales look (...) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains —Ted Godwin
   (...) I don't understand your (plural) objections. To take an example: there seems to be an objection to Spencer but he is based on (URL) Mallard> a real engine on a real railway from 1938 - 1963. That would teach that steam engines continued to (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains —Mark Bellis
   (...) I found Spencer a poor substitute, considering that Mallard was featured in the original books, in the story of Thomas' visit to the National Railway Museum in York, UK. Yes, there were A4s in silver streamlined livery, but the name could have (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)