 Trains / 28576
Re: Hail to the Chief!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote:

SNIP

   Let’s call the current model an F7. I’ll draw up an FL9 shortly. I think adding some length to the model will make the proportions more realistic as well.

Good suggestions! It will take me a few days to work them in. Once I have some revisions, I’ll post some new pictures of things.

-Jordan

Great. Looking forward to it. FYI, this site (if you aren’t already familiare with it) has some great side drawings you can use to compare and contrast the F7 with the FL9 in regard to placements of details like fans, portholes, vents, etc. Scroll down for the FL9 drawings:

http://trainiax.net/mescalelocoemd.htm#cowl

-Paul

Paul and others,

I’m still working on the revisions to the various passenger cars. However, I have now redone the locomotive as a true F9. You can see a picture on Brickshelf at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2292642

The LEGO Factory link (after moderation) will be http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=aba68770-c59f-4e88-b1d7-c6a30329b4cb

Thanks, Jordan