 Trains / 28152
28151  |  28153
Subject:
NELUG Display at the Great Train Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:31:51 GMT

On November 18th and 19th, NELUG put on a wonderful display at The Great Train Expo in Wilmington, MA.

Our layout continues to grow, and this display was no exception. We filled a 13’ x 26’ layout with everything from water to carnival rides. Our city section, full of skyscrapers and traffic, was a bit smaller than usual. This, however, allowed us to expand our carnival section, allowing more space between the many rides that were displayed. We were also able to expand our train yard, giving us more room to display the trains members have been creating, including several New England road names.

Being close to Thanksgiving, we included a Thanksgiving Day parade which seemed to be enjoyed by the crowd. Not far away was a new river section, which made it’s debut at our last show earlier this summer. The addition of a Duplo shark was a big hit.

On the opposite side of the river, our town/residential area was well laid out, allowing minifig residents plenty of room for backyard picnics and romping on the playground.

One new addition to the layout was a small subway module. Without much more room to go up with the skyscrapers, we needed to start going down to the underground. The addition of the subway brought our total number of running train loops to five, along with a monorail running between the city and the carnival.

Photos of the event can be found at the NELUG website.

-Elroy