 Trains / 27893
27892  |  27894
Subject:
The Beer Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:57:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A very simple idea and a very simple train: The Beer Train

All pictures on Brickshelf

During the FIFA Soccer World Cup, the train was operating on a regular basis with up to 10 daily services between Fridge (in Kitchen) via Fuzball to Couch (in Livingroom), see this picture. For some reason the tank cars were always empty when returning...

The engine is placed beneath the first car, which allows the train to run even when all five cans are full, see this movie. In fact, the train doesn’t run as smooth when the tanks are empty.

The cans rest un the slopes placed right above the wheels for increased stability. keeps the can in position and follows the curved top perfectly, see this picture. It also makes it very easy to remove the cans when needed.

The BNSF engine is a great match for the green color on the cans from Carlsberg, which is brewed only a mile from where I grew up. When the wind was right, the entire neighborhood would smell of... beer!

Anyway, what do you think of it?

See you,

Esben Kolind

Copenhagen, Denmark