 Trains / 26574
Re: Seven wide Koef Shunter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:10:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi all,

Just sneaking an MOC in here between all the discussions on the new release sets. It’s a little Koef shunter (switcher) which I built at seven-wide thinking at first it was a wide gauge train.

BS gallery

The trick on this is the use of the 1x6 arches around the electric train wheels to get the low platform. Perhaps other people have tried this before.

Hope you like it and please do comment.

Tim

It has been brought to my attention that sadly the arches won’t work. It seems that the electric train motor DAT is very incorrect (the wheels are too small and the hooks are too low). So if anyone was going to try it, please don’t bother. I’ve updated the MPD file to reflect changes that make it buildable.

It’s a pity because if the arches had worked it would be a really handy trick.

Tim