 Trains / 26562
26561  |  26563
Subject:
Creating a GBC for a train layout, chapter 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:46:08 GMT

Another apect I was recently thinking about is where tracks usually cross baseplates. For instance, is it “easier” to get a straight section right next to the edge of a 32x32 baseplate, or six studs away? Or eight? Or... what? Does this always have to be planned, in detail, for the entire layout (ugh), or are there some standard (like Moonbase proposes, although I’ve never seen it applied) that make certain spacings “magic” (easy, common)?

If I want to build a module that unloads, the spacing from the track is critical. Other train GBc modules might be shifted and the gaps “patched” with green plates or something... but at least for load/unload modules, where the track has to go is the starting point. Is there a preexisting standard (or at least convention), or is this something we should define now for the train GBC versions?

-- Brian Davis