 Trains / 25731
    Re: All plastic track —Richard W. Schamus
   (...) I would think that it is the market that TLG is/was trying to target (primarily 7 year olds - think 4561 - through tweens), not Train Hobbyists. $100+ is still a fairly large investment for some parents to make on present that potentially will (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track Jake McKee
   (...) Again, we're not "moving away" from metal rails. Metal rails will continue on into the future. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track —Richard W. Schamus
   (...) I heard you the first time. I wish you would hear us. It "appears" that the metal rail sets are at an end. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I listened very carefully when you said that the track will still be available for many years, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track Jake McKee
   (...) Sorry, not trying to be dense, I swear. :) Now, to be sure I understand... when you say "metal rail sets", are you referring LEGO Train sets (the big boxes) that include the metal rails AND a model all in one box? Sets like the High Speed or (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)