 Trains / 25230
Re: Cutting tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 04:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
I have a question for a very novice modder....

Let's just say... someone wanted to cut some Lego train track... what fairly
common, and inexpensive tool could an novice with a limited tool
selection/budget to attempt said mod?

What would a "pro" use?  And finally... lets just say you wanted to cut only the
rails leaving the "bed" intact?

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Janey "Red Brick"

PS. I also posted this to rtl, because I do happen to know, not mentioning any
names (*cough*Dave*cough*) ummm I mean "someone" has cut a few tracks in his
days.

XPosted to .trains, a lot of people who have done this hang there.

Since you're cutting metal, something with fine teeth seems needed, perhaps a
hacksaw...

not sure how you would cut just the metal without cutting into the plastic
unless you disassembled things or were VERY careful with your cutting