 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14039
Re: Cutting tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 15:03:12 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: • <snip>
PS. I also posted this to rtl, because I do happen to know, not
mentioning any
names (*cough*Dave*cough*) ummm I mean "someone" has cut a few tracks in
his
days.

As other people mentioned--Dremel is the bestest thing for them!
I use a Dremel and 400 grit sandpaper--not much else.

If you want to shoot me an e-mail detailing what you're trying to do, I
have
some new dark bley track lengths I have no problem experimenting on...

;)
I just use a modelers hand saw much like
http://www.internettrains.com/mtboxandrasa.html
and a homemade mitre box, simular saws can be found at hobby shops for about
$10.  I find the long straight blade gives me a better cut then the dremel,
cuz my hands are not that steady (cigarettes and coffee will do that to ya.)
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well.