 Trains / 24716

Subject:
Eggliners (was Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:03:33 GMT

THESE evoke the feeling of passenger cars as well, so what is the point? Are you about “evoking feelings” or trying to copy something as closely as possible? When I copy something, I try and replicate everything that is possible, not try and figure out how much I can leave out and still capture the essence of something. Because then you end up with an eggliner.

YMMV,

JOHN

Now they ARE cool!

Tim

Re: Eggliners (was Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set))
Re: Eggliners (was Re: Compressionism (D&RGW coach set))
THESE evoke the feeling of passenger cars as well, so what is the point? Are you about “evoking feelings” or trying to copy something as closely as possible? When I copy something, I try and replicate everything that is possible, not try and figure out how much I can leave out and still capture the essence of something. Because then you end up with an eggliner.

YMMV,

JOHN

Now they ARE cool

Eggliners are a good joke...

But to me, they do NOT capture the essence of a train car. There is a place you have to know where to stop compressing and they went TOO far. That is why in my ATSF project, I made the cars LONGER than Lego chose to.