 Trains / 24705
Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:16:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
FYI there is also a "ski train" running from Denver into the Rockies that is
painted the D&RGW colors. Of course that falls into the excursion catagory, but
must be a site to see!

http://www.skitrain.com/

IIRC (which I may not be), running this train was at least one of the reasons
that D&RGW was a late entrant into Amtrak, as it was run by them for a while and
was a money maker for them. I'm not up on the history of it and whether they
still run it or whether an excursion company does, or what.